Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Manager-Outside Sales
at Airgas, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 22278
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. Account Manager will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth, A/R management, and customer retention within their assigned territory. Our Account Managers sell industrial, medical, and specialty gases and equipment, welding products and equipment, tools and hardware and safety products. Account Managers advises customer on available safety supplies, welding products, and processes to follow to complete the customer's tasks and get the job done safely and efficiently. Other key responsibilities include all aspects of customer service, sales, A/R, training, cylinder issues, general disputes and solving these issues to the customer's satisfaction. Finally, this position must effectively communicate with all process leaders, which is crucial to the success of the Account Manager. Direct communication with District, Branch, Sales, and Plant Managers regularly and when necessary, all other Managers or process leaders to facilitate 100% customer service and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing accounts, focusing on customer retention and growing existing accounts.
- Recognizes and expands opportunities at existing customers bringing solutions and value to customers.
- Submits sales activity report, including weekly itineraries and other reports as requested, to District Manager on a regular schedule.
- Completes and submits sales-related paperwork, including call reports, cylinder audits, month-end reports, expense reports, mileage reports, etc., accurately and in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between customer and company with regard to pricing, products, delivery information, payments, service, and inquiries.
- Ensures that customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
- Actively pursues and acquires, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts and compiles lists of prospective customers for the District Manager to use as sales leads.
- Prequalifies possible business leads to District Managers.
- Maintain and upgrade selling skills and technical/product knowledge for all Airgas products and processes.
- Displays or demonstrates products to customers and emphasizes specialty features and supports and implements marketing plans, promotions and new product launches
- Lead and promote safety; organize safety meetings and strictly enforce safety rules.
- Works safely and meets the requirements of all safety procedures and rules as prescribed by Airgas Inc., State and Federal agencies.
- Ensure any injury or accident is reported immediately and investigated promptly.
- Perform mathematical calculations.
- Represents Airgas Inc. in a professional and dignified manner at all times
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in professional sales
- Minimum of 3 years' experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Must be willing to travel 70% of the time, within your assigned area
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to customer sites.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- SAP Experience
- Experience establishing new business or new accounts
- 3 years' experience in the welding industry
- 5 years' experience in outside sales
- Associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk to and hear customers. The associate frequently is required to sit while traveling from sales call to sales call and while conducting administrative and sales duties. The associate is frequently required to stand while servicing a customer; walk while demonstrating a product; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in the course of demonstrating a product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires travel approximately 70% of the time, mostly within the area and by personal vehicle.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.