Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FIELD HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER - Houston, Texas
at Air Products
Job Description and Qualifications
Do you have a passion for EHS? Check out this opening for a Field Health and Safety Manager for the South Region!
This position requires interfacing with a large contingent of internal and external customers including but not limited to EH&S, engineering, business, and operating facilities, and requires you to have an ability to work within a diverse business environment and coach/influence business leaders to value and adhere to our safety culture.
This is a highly interactive role for an experienced health and safety professional and not a technician level position. The position requires someone with practical industrial field experience as well as strong leadership and communications skills. You would provide direct field support on a broad array of activities specific to Worker Health and Safety and ensure employee/business compliance and adherence to corporate policies and standards.
You will be based in one of our plants in the Houston, TX area. Job requires an average of 50% regional travel.
In this role, you will report to the Industrial Gases Americas Field Health and Safety Team Lead and will have regional support responsibilities for facilities located within Southern United States primarily located in the following states: Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina, and Florida.
You will cover a broad array of support and safety activities. In this role you will be responsible for maintaining contact with field facilities (including office complexes) and serving as the focal point in ensuring compliance by these locations to the corporation’s current health and safety policies and standards as well as all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
You will also be accountable for assessing, developing, and executing safety improvement strategies for regional clients in concert with corporate goals and objectives.
Coach and Support:
• Plant leaders on H&S issues, concerns, and questions
• High risk or unusual H&S activity consultation (confined space, hot work, complex safety activities, etc.)
• Development and/or review of Global H&S Standards
• Helping to ensure compliance with Standards, Regulations, and Corporate Policies related to H&S
• Development of site improvement plans stemming from Corporate Assurance Audits or other H&S assessments
• Plant start-up support (initial training, standard implementation, RMP development, etc.)
• RMP Compliance (if applicable)
• Company Safety Program coaching and assessments
• Performing critical system audits
• Incident Investigation and facilitation (when required)
• Facility maintenance outages and/or repair projects
• Compliance requirements as it pertains to Federal, State, and Local legislation
Lead, Coordinate, or Assist in:
- Injury Management / Medical Issues
- Interpretation of Global H&S Standards
- Performing process data analysis (including trend analysis)
- Direct support during unannounced regulatory inspections (e.g. OSHA) and participation is post incident or announced regulatory inspections
- Providing direct support to teams on identifying and solving worker health and safety challenges
- Driving consistency across all organizations in the implementation of the Global Standards
• Subject matter expertise in understanding U.S. regulatory policies from OSHA, MSHA, NFPA, NEC, CGA, etc.
• Demonstrated expertise and commitment in applying Corporate safety policies and standards
• Demonstrated experience in site auditing, assessment, and coaching
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in operations, manufacturing, or safety related roles
• Good interpersonal, communication, training, and influence skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Good organizational and project management skills.
• Training and experience in incident investigation (Cause and Effects Analysis)
• Microsoft Office Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, Power point)
• Continuous Improvement (CI) facilitator training a plus (Cause and Effects, Mistake-proofing, Mapping, etc.)
• College degree in Safety preferred or equivalent safety certifications.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status. industrial gases company, providing sustainable offerings and excellent service to all customers.
FIELD HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER - Houston, Texas
North America - Exempt
Type of Relocation Benefits Provided
Business Sector / Division