Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aegion Corporation
- Job ID
Aegion Coating Services (ACS) is seeking an Assembler.
ACS, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, has engineered, designed, built and serviced its own fleet of coating equipment. ACS is the indisputable leader in field joint anti-corrosion coating with more than 2 million field joints coated worldwide. With 3 plants located in Texas, Louisiana & California, the ability to coat various sizes and shapes of pipe, bends, valves and other fabrications, both internally and externally with FBE, Epoxy and Urethanes, ACS completes over 1600 projects annually. For more information, visit www.aegioncoatingservices.com.
- Perform custom fabrication, assembly, and maintenance on fleet equipment
- Work within production and build schedules for the department
- Take direction from the Shop Foreman to complete forecasted assembly timeline
- Read and interpret blueprints and engineering plans
- Use of hand, electric, and air activated tools to construct and service fleet machinery
- Assist in day to day operations as needed
- Set up and operate fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, and drill presses
- Operate plant equipment
- Ensure housekeeping is performed at a minimum daily before shift ends.
- Active participation in efforts for continuous improvement towards safety initiatives
- Willing to work after normal business hours and weekends
- Willing to travel as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess the ability to operate all field service machinery through experience or training
- Fabrication and welding are required
- Must also be competent to operate standard lifts for material handling.
- Possess basic math skills and mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of specific welding processes, such as TIG, MIG, and Heliarc MIG welding
- Possess the ability to properly and safely load and unload equipment from trucks
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documentation and manuals
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook email
- Must be able to lift 50 to 65 pounds when needed
The company offers Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.