Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Jr Construction Manager
at Aegion Corporation
- Job ID
Underground Solutions, Inc. (“UGS”), an Aegion Company, is currently actively seeking a Junior Construction Manager to support our PVC fusion and pipe technologies. The position will be based in the Houston, TX area
UGS is one of the most dynamic and fastest growing companies in the water infrastructure and electrical conduit market, with a portfolio of proprietary and patented technologies targeting water and wastewater infrastructure improvement and undergrounding of electrical conduit. For more information about UGS, please visit our website at www.undergroundsolutions.com
The Junior Construction Manager responsibilities include:
- Traveling to different jobsites where UGS Fusible PVC® pipe products are being installed and working with the installing contractor to ensure the customer understands the material properties as well as the proper handling and installation procedures.
- Working with UGS Regional Sales Managers and Engineers to help assess project risk
- Meeting with customers to assist with any technical installation questions and challenges
- Review of project plans for constructability
- Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred, or equivalent pipeline/rehab construction experience
- Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in the construction field preferred; technically proficient.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are required due to the strong commercial element of the position
- Ability to effectively work independently while properly managing a fluid schedule
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ambitious self-starter with a strong work ethic, good organization skills, attention to detail, and dedication to a team environment
- Up to 75% overnight travel, depending upon project location
A relocation allowance will be considered if ideal candidate is outside the targeted position location.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities and a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, annual bonus potential, 401k matching, tuition assistance, paid time off, and much more.
Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested