Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corrosion Technician I
at Aegion Corporation
- Job ID
Corrpro Companies, Inc. is looking for a Corrosion Technician for projects in sunny Houston, Texas.
Corrpro, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is among the world's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.com
- Plan and perform duties involved with testing, evaluation and installation of cathodic protection systems to inhibit corrosion on Department of Defense projects
- Work with specific objectives and instruction from senior staff on customer drawings and specifications
- Conduct various test procedures to gather data for evaluation purposes
- Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
- Sketch rectifiers, anodes, test stations, and other design features on prepared drawings
- Assist senior staff in the preparation of survey reports and final job reports
- Sketch physical features of installation site for subsequent detail
- Organize and reduce data gathered, prepare charts and tables
- Assemble data for preparation of final client report including service recommendations
- Solve and make corrections to systems as approved by supervisors
- Project team responsibilities
- Recommend modifications as needed
- Provide maintenance of field test equipment, ensure good operating condition and render minor repairs
- Effectively transfer knowledge to other employees and clients
- Journeyman Electrician or Electrical background preferred
- NACE CP Certification preferred
- Mechanically inclined and ability to use hand tools
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient with MS Office applications required
Past Military experience preferred
Must be able to pass a FBI background check, as well as drug test and driving record review
Must be able to lift 50 lbs., as well as walk/stand for extended periods of time
Must be able to travel up to 50% and have or obtain a US Passport
Our company offers a Competitive Salary with Career Growth Opportunities and a Full Benefits Package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Matching 401k, Tuition Assistance, Per Diem, Company Car, Paid Time Off, and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Aegion is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Aegion is firmly bound. Aegion will not engage in discrimination against, or harassment of, any person employed or seeking employment with Aegion on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA compliant – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.