Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traffic Engineer II
Engineering - Transportation
AECOM is seeking a Traffic Engineer in Houston, Texas. Job responsibilities include:
•Traffic Engineering to do TxDOT signing, striping, illumination, and ITS design.
Builds analytic and design skills.
• Conducts engineering design under the supervision of an
• Creates designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final working drawings under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
• Collects and analyzes data under the supervision of an experienced engineer.
• Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule under supervision.
• Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
• Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
• Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
• Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
• Identifies discrepancies in results.
• Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
• Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
Traffic Engineer II
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
BA/BS + 2 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- 2-5 years experience in transportation engineering
- EIT license required
- Microstation experience required
- TxDOT experience preferred in traffic signals, signing, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and illumination design
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Texas