Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering - Environmental
AECOM is looking for an Environmental Technician in the Freeport TX location who works under the direct supervision of experienced technicians and with engineers, scientists or other environmental technicians to perform the following duties:
• Collect soil, sediments, concrete, asphalt and other solids samples to determine chemical composition and any contamination.
• Collect water/liquid samples from streams and lakes, or raw, semi-processed or processed water, industrial waste water, or water from other sources to assess contamination.
• Collect samples of gases and meteorological data to assist in evaluation of air pollutants.
• Inspect and maintain equipment for groundwater well purging or sampling, for air, vapor, or water sample collection.
• Assist in performing quantitative and qualitative analyses according to prescribed standards to determine characteristics or composition of solid, liquid, or gaseous materials and substances.
• Prepare and ship environmental samples to analytical laboratories, including sample labeling and the completion of chain of custody forms.
• Prepare samples for testing, record data, and prepare summaries and charts for review.
• Prepare proper documentation of analysis and provide status report on equipment and services performed.
• Contribute positively to health, safety, environmental and quality programs by performing work safely and adhering to all safety standards and protocols.
• Provides superior customer service by performing task on time and within budget.
• Maintains open lines of communication with office management and staff.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
High school diploma and 2 years of experience or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience.
- Associate's degree
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of the equipment and technology used to gather samples and information from the field.
- Experience in a petro chemical environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills; able to interface directly with project stakeholders.
- Organization skills, attention to detail in recording field data.
- Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software to create reports.
- Ability to perform bending, kneeling, standing, confined-space entry, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb ladders, work at heights, and have a tolerance for working in outdoor environments, including prolonged walking or standing on various terrain in a wide range of weather conditions.
- Ability to wear an air-purifying respirator, as required by OSHA Standards.
- Requires enrollment in the medical monitoring program requiring initial and annual physicals.
- Must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and random drug screens.
- Must possess valid Driver’s license
- Due to nature and location of work, United States Citizenship is required.
- 40 hour HAZ Materials Handling Training
- TWIC card holder
- Basic Plus training
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Texas