Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Control Room Operator
Transportation Operations Management / Traffic Monitoring
AECOM is seeking a Control Room Operator. These positions are responsible for monitoring and reporting incidents on San Antonio area highways. The primary responsibility of this position is to use intelligent transportation system devices to search for and verify incidents, lane closures and monitor congestion. Once the Operator has confirmed the information, respective first responder agencies co-located at the San Antonio TMC or other control centers are notified along with the distribution of traveler information to motorists through various methods including electronic message signs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Monitoring events and equipment status with closed circuit TV cameras (CCTV), incident response crews and TMC Lonestar software.
- Managing and logging events and congestion using the TMC software, and ITS devices, both electronic and in the field (e.g., speed sensors, CCTV cameras and Dynamic Message signs (DMS).
- Coordinating and dispatching incident response crews to incidents in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
- Detecting, confirming and tracking equipment faults affecting control room equipment (e.g., central system, computers, CCTV monitors, and large screen display units) and system field equipment (e.g., CCTV, VDS, DMS).
- Coordinating with internal operations staff on all control room activities while communicating essential and timely incident data with external clients at regional traffic operations centers.
- Informing first responders of traffic related events involving injury and assisting with coordination of lane closures and diversion routes.
- Coordinating incidents with local multiplicity such as City of Fort Worth signal operations when needed.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Works under direct supervision performing routine and repetitive duties.
• On-the-job training is received in an area of technical specialty.
• Monitoring the roadways, including detecting, confirming, updating, and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic events and congestion with ITS devices such as closed circuit TV, detectors, etc.
• Act like an emergency dispatcher within a call center environment dispatching Road Rangers via a two-way radio system to assist motorists, respond to events and other activities that require timely and efficient responses.
• Other duties assigned
To learn more about ITS Operations at AECOM, please visit: https://vimeo.com/aecomvizstudio/review/350326123/cf92ce81e2
Control Room Operator
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of the municipality and area traffic management organizations, including state, metro and local emergency services
Intimate knowledge of metropolitan roadways including their alternate names, the jurisdiction they are located, where the jurisdiction changes, and alternate routes that are available
Ability to synthesize information from multiple, diverse and simultaneous inputs, including automated road sensor data, 2-way radios, CCTV cameras, motorist assist vehicles and computer databases
Knowledge of personal computers and software, Microsoft Windows, MS Office
Ability to work calmly and accurately under intense pressure
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
United States of America
USA - Texas