Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
- City Name(s)
- Austin, San Antonio
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The primary responsibility of the Sales Engineer is to open and develop market opportunities for our products by obtaining approvals and/or acceptance for their use in design and construction specifications at the local level with civil engineering and consulting firms. The primary product emphasis is on N-12 HDPE & HP Storm pipe for use on storm drainage, SaniTite HP Pipe for sanitary sewer applications, StormTech Retention/Detention chambers, Nyloplast drainage structures, and water quality treatment options. This position will focus solely on the local engineering community while working closely with the Sales Representatives in the territory. This position will be based in Austin, TX and cover both Austin and San Antonio.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Daily Calls on Design Firms and Regulators to Generate New Projects, Conversions and Gain Approvals
- An average of 20-25 physical calls per week.
- Average 1-2 Lunch and Learns and/or professional organization presentations per week.
- A monthly territory update report will be required at month's end. This report format or template will be furnished by your manager.
- Work with local civil engineering firms, design consultants, municipalities, developers, etc.
- Enter and Track All Projects in Salesofrce (CRM) Database.
- Enter new project discoveries in Salesforce and provide the basic information necessary to start the process of securing the opportunity.
- Provide accurate project information to minimize the calls required by the Application/Technical Services Department
- Update projects to reflect an accurate status and to deal with conversions of projects to competition.
- Projects in Salesforce with a valve of 100k+ should be updated on a weekly basis.
- Additional data such as contacts, project notes, MBO’s, etc may also be required to be required to be entered in Salesforce based on your manager’s requirements.
- Product Application Knowledge
- Must maintain a complete understanding and application knowledge of all ADS product lines including:
- ADS SaniTite HP Pipe (Sanitary)
- HP Storm Pipe (High Performance Storm)
- ADS N-12 HDPE Pipe
- StormTech Chambers for Retention / Detention
- ADS Pipe for Retention / Detention
- Water Quality Products
- Nyloplast Drainage Structures
- FleXstorm Inlet Filters
- Inserta-Tee Tap Products
- Geotextile and Erosion Control Products
- On-Site Septic Chambers
- Obtain New and/or Enhanced Written Approvals for ADS Products
- Target agencies with high growth & high potential of success
- Pre-qualify needs & promote solutions with HDPE, PP or both
- High frequency of “touches”; Build broad coalition of support
- Get ADS Pipe & Products Specified on Projects Early in Desing Phase
- Identify projects & track progress in Salesforce
- Build strong, influential relationships with design engineers
- Technical Support for Local Sales Team
- Internal and External Relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with key engineers and regulators in your territory.
- Join and attend functions of the key industry organizations in your territory, i.e. ASCE, APWA, Engineers Club of St Louis, etc.
- Identification, organization and coverage of local trade shows for specific product lines where engineers may be in attendance
- Business Planning and Communication
- Develop a yearly Action Plan for each product with MBO’s that support the action items. Review and modify these MBO’s as necessary to achieve the objective in a timely matter. These plans should be developed with input from the ADS Regional and Zone managers in your territory.
- It is imperative that you communicate on a regular basis with the ADS sales and management team in your territory. This way they can share their priorities, thus assuring you work in concert on timely issues.
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.