Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Advanced Drainage Systems Inc
- Job ID
- Hiring Manager
- Armando Blanco
- City Name(s)
- Houston, TX Metro
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of
high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and maintain relationships with key contractors. This position will work in sync with our territory salesmen in the Houston market to better serve critical contractors and high profile projects. The primary emphasis will be on targeting large projects with contractors in the 8-county Houston MSA.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- 60% - Contractor relationship building. Includes site visits, contractor installation training, field investigations, plan review, etc. - There will be a heavy emphasis on building relationships with local utility contractors.
- 20% - Approvals. Obtain new /enhanced approvals for ADS products from state, county, city, local municipal, and agencies for their targeted contractors.
- 15% - Acceptance. Work with engineering design/consulting firms to get them to approve and specify ADS products for their projects
- 5% - Other. Office time – phone calls, emails, reports, continuing education, project tracking in Salesforce, etc.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Product knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Presentation of products to contractors and specifying agencies
- Work with contractor, engineers and the public agencies
- Strong technical and sales experience
- Minimum 5 years related industry experience
- Established reputation within the contractor, engineering and/ or public works community
- Independent, hard-working, self-motivated, focused, and driven
- Currently lives in territory (greater Houston, TX area).
The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 75 pounds to a height of 6 feet
The employee will be required to safely move around construction sites at times.