Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Radiology/CT Technologist PRN
at Adeptus Health
- Job ID
- First Choice Emergency Room
About Adeptus Health
Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- ? Ensures each patient is given the highest level of customer service and every staff member is treated with the utmost respect
- ? Independently performs CT and radiographic procedures at a technical level
- ? Ensures that all CT and radiographic images are of diagnostic quality
- ? Uses proper technique to reduce patient exposure to radiation (ALARA)
- ? Utilizes universal precautions when performing patient procedures
- ? Takes all precautions necessary to ensure the patient’s safety during procedures
- ? Performs all lab testing completed at the facility.
- ? Attendance requirements are based on your current role and status of position (FT, PT or PRN). Please direct attendance requirements to your immediate supervisor and/or refer to the Employee Handbook for more attendance/scheduling details/policies
- Radiology/CT Technologists working at our HOPD’s also:
- ? Assist with patient flow when necessary. Assist patients to exam room and begins vital signs when requested.
- ? Knowledgeable of operation of lab instruments, including but not limited to: Medonic, Triage, Piccolo, UA Instruments, IStat (turning on/shutting down, running samples, reporting results).
- ? Learn and conducts basic laboratory testing; follows all lab policies and procedures. Performs laboratory patient testing in a timely manner.
- ? Documents corrective action when QC is out of range for lab equipment. Ensures all maintenance is performed and documented per lab instrument.
- ? Uses proper PPE in the lab during specimen collection and patient care. Maintains proper draw order of lab tubes. Labels tubes, secondary devices, and specimen(s) at the patient bedside.
- ? Runs lab equipment daily or every 30 days as indicated by manufacturer per instrument.
- ? Learns and performs 12-lead EKGs
- ? Provides secondary support to office staff when required
- ? Performs all duties, within the scope of license and training, assigned at the request of nurses and physicians
- ? Reports any problems with equipment immediately to the Radiology Lead
- ? Venipuncture and IV start skills are recommended; proficiency and competency required to perform these skills
Lab Technician Functions: Note: These job duties will only apply when working shifts at La Porte, Friendswood and Alvin locstions..
? Testing blood and urine specimens; keeping records of results and reporting results;
Education and Experience
- Graduate of a 2 year accredited school of Radiology Technology.
- Minimum of 12 months of current experience performing Computed Tomography (CT) and Radiographic procedures in an emergency setting or another high-volume area is required. Level 1 or 2 trauma center ER experience preferred.
- National certification from the ARRT is required.
- CT Certification (required in CO & AZ).
- Current licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable.
- Current BLS for the Healthcare Provider. Must have current card from an American Heart Association (AHA) recognized course.