Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Adeptus Health
- Job ID
- First Texas Hospital CyFair
- First Texas Hospital - Cy Fair
About Adeptus Health
Adeptus Health is a leading patient-centered healthcare organization expanding access to the highest quality emergency medical care through its network of freestanding emergency rooms and partnerships with premier healthcare providers. All Adeptus Health freestanding facilities are fully equipped emergency rooms with a complete radiology suite of diagnostic technology, on-site laboratory, and staffed with board-certified physicians and emergency trained registered nurses. For the last four years, Adeptus Health has exceeded the 95th percentile in patient satisfaction according to patient feedback collected nationwide by Press Ganey Associates Inc. Adeptus Health also was named a 2016 and 2017 Best Workplaces in Healthcare by Great Place to Work® and Fortune Magazine. For more information, please visit adpt.com.
Under the direct supervision of the licensed Pharmacist, the Certified Pharmacy Technician is responsible for performing para-professional pharmaceutical work. The Certified Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacy Department by providing drug distribution services while adhering to department and hospital policies and procedures which conform to state, federal, and Joint Commission regulations.
- Assists Pharmacist with preparing and dispensing prescribed medication for patients.
- Interprets patient drug profiles.
- Stocks and replenishes medications in Unit Dose drawer.
- Operates packaging equipment for Unit Dose or prepackaging dispensing system.
- Prepackages sterile injectable medications.
- Prepares standard stock solutions.
- Delivers medicines to facility units.
- Maintains drug and supply inventory records.
- Checks incoming supplies for breakage or spoilage and segregates.
- Reviews pharmacy stock for expired drugs.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Must have current pharmacy technician certification (CPhT) and meet individual state requirements for registration.
- High school graduate or GED.
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in a hospital is required.