Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ready Force Utility Forester
at ACRT, Inc.
ACRT, Inc. is the largest and most trusted independent UVM consulting and training company in the nation, and we’re growing! We are seeking new Ready Force employees- also known as Roving Utility Foresters to begin work in the Eastern United States immediately. Ready Force employees work on short-term projects, quick start-ups, storm work, or simply fill in for positions on contracts across the country. Our Roving Utility Forester is ideal for candidates with a background in forestry, arboriculture, horticulture, environmental studies and natural resources, or a related discipline. Experience and willingness to work outdoors in all weather and dynamic terrain is a must.
As a roving forester, you will be responsible for:
- Performing identification and inspection of trees along utility lines
- Documenting work using handheld computers and GIS integrated software
- Serving as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers to balance safety, budgetary, and community relation concerns
- The safety of yourself and your team. Safety is the most important focus of ACRT
- 2 or 4 year degree in Forestry, Horticulture, or closely related field
- Strong tree identification is a preferred skill.
- Experience in utility vegetation management preferred
- ISA Certified Arborist preferred but not required
- Utility Specialist preferred but not required
- Pesticide certification preferred but not required
- Candidate must be able to travel extensively- 6 to 8 weeks at a time.
- Company-paid travel
- Valid Driver License required
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred
- Candidate must be self-motivated, show strong organization skills, and be production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required
Why work for ACRT:
- ACRT, Inc. is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!!
- Full Time Position
- Overtime Available
- Company-Paid Travel
ACRT offers excellent benefits including:
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card
- Per Diem Food Allowance
- Boot Allowance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
And so much more!