Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Consulting Utility Arborist
at ACRT, Inc.
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Consulting Utility Arborist position is ideal for entry level and seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
Our Arborists perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
- 2 or 4 year degree in Environmental or related fields
- ISA Arborist certification preferred
- Strong tree ID skills required
- Hazard tree recognition
- Must reside in the state of Texas
- Ability to work independently in a small team in all weather conditions
- Experience in utility vegetation management experience a plus
- Knowledge of transmission electrical system a plus
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Utility experience a plus
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid Driver License required
- Full Time position
- ACRT is 100% employee-owned; it’s not just a job…it’s YOUR Company!!!
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
- ACRT offers excellent benefits for our employee-owners and their families
- Group Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- 401k with company match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Vehicle/Gas Card for work related and commuting purposes
- Boot Allowance Program
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
- Employee Referral Program
- Pre-employment drug screen and background check required