Acme Brick Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outside Sales Rep - FLOORING
at Acme Brick Company
Acme Brick (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 15 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
Job Summary: Responsible for marketing and presentation of products and services to the residential, builder, contractor, and designer markets.
- Maintains strong professional presence with existing accounts, including builders, tile contractors, and designers.
- Consistently searches for new customers and contacts to expand existing customer base.
- Responsible for territory management and growth by providing samples, presentations, and competitive pricing.
- Maintains accurate records, mailing lists, and call reports of all accounts serviced and sales calls made.
- Follow up and maintain complete and accurate files and specifications on all projects.
- Submits weekly call report and expense report.
- Attend all sales meetings, product seminars, and demonstrations to further expand product and industry knowledge.
- Showcases Company’s product at trade shows and other special events to promote the products and services offered.
- Quotes prices and prepares sales contracts.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Enters new customer and other sales data for current customers into computer database.
- Assess previous month’s performance via sales reports and incorporate changes into the next month’s action plan and sales projections for the coming month.
- Ability to recognize and resolve product and service related concerns.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned by Supervisor
- College Degree and/or related industry sales experience
- Relevant knowledge of flooring products (Tile, Wood, LVP and related products)
- Professional appearance and manner
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented, with solid organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong customer relations skills
- Occasionally lifts from floor to waist, carries, and pushes from 11-24 pounds
We are proud to be an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All applicants will be screened through E-verify and must also complete a pre-employment drug screen before being hired. Additionally, it is company policy to administer a random drug screen quarterly throughout the company.
Acme Brick Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accord with federal, state, and local laws.