Acme Brick Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Architectural Sales Rep
at Acme Brick Company
Acme Brick (a Berkshire Hathaway Company) is an organization of professionals in the manufacturing and building material distribution industry. We manufacture brick and distribute our own brick as well as brick and associated products manufactured by others. We operate in 15 states with a philosophy that we are much more than a brick manufacturer and distributor.
We are seeking a "Best In Class" Architectural Sales Representative responsible for marketing, presenting and sales of products and services to the architectural and design community, general contractors, and developers. The successful candidate will have 6-9 months of extensive paid training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide Product Specifications with Architects and Owners that lead to Sales of Acme Products
- Service Key Architectural Accounts
- Provide Technical Information on Acme Products
- Follow through on sales and hand off upcoming projects to Acme contractor reps
- Recognize and develop relationships with architects and design firms
- Develop an assessment of the commercial market and help contribute to strategy surrounding building relationships with design firms and architects
- Answer phone calls and emails in a prompt and professional manner
- Maintain sample libraries at design firms
- Be active in local professional organizations
- Have the ability to work and travel independently
- Participate in job tracking programs as outlined by supervisors
- Conduct educational meetings and Lunch and Learns with design firms
Skills and Experience Required for Success
- 2-5 yrs experience selling products or services to architects or interior designers, preferably in the Houston market
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Spanish language a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Powerpoint
- Ability to present to small and large groups
- Ability to learn product details
- Self-starter who will manage their own time efficiently
- Ability to attend industry events and meetings both after hours and out of town
Competencies Required for Success:
- High standard of ethical conduct
Bachelors degree or 4 years of related experience
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All applicants will be screened through E-verify and must also complete a pre-employment drug screen before being hired. Additionally, it is company policy to administer a random drug screen quarterly throughout the company.
Acme Brick Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in accord with federal, state, and local laws.