Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Innovation Project Manager
The Innovation Project Manager is responsible for 1) leading multiple, product development projects through the 3M + KCI New Product Commercialization Process, 2) leading the design and development of medical devices 3) leading a cross-functional project team, 4) ensuring the timely and successful delivery of the product for launch or, as appropriate, recommendations to discontinue projects and reallocate resources, 5) monitoring and reporting project performance and, 6) providing feedback on the contributions of project team members.
- End-to-end scoping, defining, and planning activities required to commercialize new medical products
- Lead all project management activities associated with running and motivating a high performing project team with minimal direct supervision for meeting project goals and objectives.
- Develop product engineering requirements and ensure compliance to Product Development Process
- Lead project team members to ensure successful completion of deliverables; act as advisor to team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Present project plans, designs, and test results to project team
- Ensure that technical detail design reviews are completed for assigned projects
- Manage the execution of line extension and/or individual development projects.
- Work with cross-functional team members to develop business plans to support new product launches; including but not limited to, financial analysis, pricing, go-to-market strategy, training and marketing materials.
- Conduct business focused project phase reviews with functional management.
- Interact and update functional management as needed to keep them abreast of project status and changes.
- Broker tradeoffs between feature, timing, product cost and project cost.
- Ensure project compliance with FDA and other regulatory body requirements.
- Provide performance review input for project team members.
- Participate in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management.
- Conform to, support, and enforce all Company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Business, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of project management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of product development experience in a regulated industry
- Experience with MS Office application, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional/matrix organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and ability to resolve ambiguous situations with creative solutions
- MBA, MS, PE, or PMP
- Experience with medical devices and FDA/ISO requirements
- Knowledge of wound management products
- Experience with successfully commercializing a medical device
- Experience in Manufacturing Processes
- Experience with SolidWorks or similar 3D modeling
- Experience with COSMOS or similar FEA
- Experience with materials, including plastics (including tooling), steels, and aluminum
- Experience with implementing/using 14971 Risk Management
- Experience with prototyping designs
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are a global advanced wound care company that leverages the strengths of Kinetic Concepts, Inc. and Systagenix Wound Management, Limited. Available in more than 80 countries, the innovative and complementary ACELITY™ product portfolio delivers value through solutions that speed healing and lead the industry in quality, safety and customer experience. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Acelity employs nearly 5,000 people around the world.