ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
FIXED ASSET ACCOUNTANT
at ABM Industries Inc
The Fixed Asset Accountant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, recording the cost of newly acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets, among other reconciliation responsibilities.
- Review and check to make sure all back up information is available and the coding is correct for each fixed assets additions.
- Calculating and posting monthly depreciation expenditure
- To determine if sales tax is applicable for an invoice without sales tax. Provide those invoices to appropriate person to accrual sales tax.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for fixed assets related accounts
- Provide assistance and answer questions relating Fixed Assets to all other department
- Communicate with accounting center if any adjustment needs to be made on their general ledger
- Create custom report
- Scan and save all fixed assets supporting documentation into system
- Assist the internal & external auditors in their inquiries
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must have 3 to 5 year of accounting experience
- ERP or Oracle Fixed Assets experience plus
- Advanced knowledge of excel (vlookup and pivot table required)
- Strong team player