ABM Industries Inc

Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.

Similar Jobs

Job Details

BENEFITS ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR

at ABM Industries Inc

Posted: 2/6/2020
Job Reference #: 58173

Job Description

Job Summary

The Benefits Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the benefits accounting team of 9 and report to the Benefits Accounting Manager.  The successful candidate will ensure proper accounting of all employee benefits by managing the accounting processes and activities including reconciliation of all health and welfare plan liability accounts, health and welfare plan to payroll reconciliations, and monitoring benefit cost for union and non-union employees. Non-union benefits account for 60% of ABM’s employee population and Union benefits account for the remaining 40%. 

This person will be given an opportunity to have hands-on experience in the day-to-day transactional accounting function of ABM within the Wage and Entitlement department.   

 

Primary Responsibilities

  • Manage and drive the monthly close process for ABM general ledgers and ensure all deadlines are met
  • Supervise and train Sr. and Staff Accountants
  • Prepare a limited amount of journal entries and account reconciliations for accounts with highly sensitive data
  • Review and approve journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations with a focus on payroll and employee benefit accounts
  • Manage the health and welfare benefit plan and PTO reconciliation process
  • Utilize advanced software skills (Excel or Access) to analyze large volume of data to produce adjustments and corrections and streamline benefit & PTO calculations
  • Track and monitor funding for various plans including all health and welfare plans, 401(k), pension plans, etc.
  • Plan, coordinate, and manage audits of benefit plans

 

Additional Responsibilities

  • Work with the benefits team to help assess current processes related to audits, reconciliations, and vendor payments, and make recommendations for best practice improvements.
  • Prepare and analyze various monthly, quarterly and annual close activities for benefit plans in compliance with company policy.
  • Provide and maintain supporting documentation for accounting work and ongoing controls testing to support SOX compliance
  • Assist with preparation of Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K for benefits
  • Ability to communicate and collaborate with FP&A partners and other internal customers
  • Provides professional customer service to internal and external customers
  • Special projects and other duties as assigned

Education, Required Skills & Competencies

  • 4-year college degree in Accounting or Finance required
  • Minimum of 4 - 7 years public accounting or industry accounting experience required
  • Supervisory and management experience desired
  • Knowledge of Oracle Accounting software highly preferred
  • Demonstrated organization and high level of analytical and quantitative skills
  • Strong project management, analytical, and problem-solving skills
  • Experience in leading and developing a small team with a wide variation in experience levels, abilities and deliverables
  • Advanced MS Excel skills required (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs and other nested formulas)
  • Ability to work within deadlines and on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
  • Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability, and collaboration
    Strong communication skills and ability to work with different management levels