ABM Industries Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACCOUNTING MANAGER - PARKING
at ABM Industries Inc
Operations Support Accounting Manager
The ABM Enterprise Service Center is looking for a self-motivated individual who wants to grow and take their career to the next level. This person will be given an opportunity to have hands-on experience in the day-to-day transactional accounting function of ABM within a shared service environment.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Corporate Accounting, this role will provide accounting support and assistance to the FP&A professionals and their operational partners to ensure the monthly accounting transactions are properly recorded by the ABM Enterprise Service Center. This role is responsible for the recruitment and development of the Operations Support team which provide accounting services to our internal customers. This individual must understand business needs and objectives, have strong communications skills, and work in a collaborative manner to help ABM achieve its goal of having a first in class Enterprise Service Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively recruit, manage, and lead the Parking Operations Support team of over 40 employees with focus on continuous improvement and staffing development
- Ability to communicate with and develop strong interpersonal working relationships with FP&A and Operational leaders
- Work closely with our FP&A team to ensure all accounting transactions are recorded timely and accurately by the Accounting Services group
- Work closely with other Accounting Service Center managers to develop efficient, consistent, and scalable accounting processes for ABM enterprise-wide application
- Review and approve monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Work well under pressure in a high volume and fast paced environment to ensure deadlines are met
- Provide professional customer service to internal and external customers
- Prepare and/or review the period ending reports (FA, QES, YES) to the external reporting team
- Work with internal and external auditors to meet ABM’s compliance requirements
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
*Job duties or responsibilities may be modified as needed to reflect changing priorities and/or work conditions with ABM.
- Minimum of 8 years accounting experience. Advanced accounting degree or CPA preferred.
- 3 years of complete general ledger responsibility
- 3 years of direct management of accounting staff
- Ability to effectively lead a staff of direct reports
- Ability and experience in working with large volume of data using advanced software skills (MS Excel, MS Access, or other similar software).
- Aptitude to resolve issues under tight timeframes and pressure
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Excellent communication (oral and written), team building, and planning skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, detail orientation with solid analytical, troubleshooting, and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop productive business relationships; and ability to influence and educate key internal clients
- Experience with JDE, Oracle, Insight, and other enterprise accounting software highly desirable.
- Process improvement and project and change management skills/experience.
- Proactive work style; desire to take on additional responsibilities