Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at A1 Placement
We’re looking to fill a Technology Consultant role for a Houston based software development firm. This position will deliver tiered support onsite, remotely and/or via telephone for product applications, installation and use, including software application and setup; troubleshoot issues and implements corrective action for customer network systems.
Minimum Educational and Experience Requirements:
- 4 year College Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of technical support experience;
- IT CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Microsoft Certified Professional;
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, preferred.
Technical Skills We Are Looking For:
- Detailed knowledge of the specifications of servers and installations (i.e., Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012R2);
- Knowledge of other network operating systems desired (e.g., SCO Unix, Linux, Ubuntu, Redhat etc.);
- Detailed knowledge of firewalls (i.e., Fortigate, SonicWALL, Cisco, NETGEAR Prosafe) and the firewall access control lists that make them work.
- Detailed knowledge of EMail server systems, including Microsoft 365
- Detailed knowledge of database technologies and SQL (e.g., be able to back up a database and SQL maintenance plans).
- Detailed knowledge of network infrastructures, including but not limited to: IPv4 networking, routing, manageable switches, firewalls, NAS devices, iSCSI, Windows domains, SMB sharing and wireless networking;
- Detailed knowledge of monitoring servers and network equipment, including but not limited to: remote access, SNMP, email alerting and Windows event log.
- High level of proficiency in supporting and configuring desktop applications, including but not limited to:
- Windows operating systems (Win7 to current
- Mac OSX;
- Knowledge of Linux Desktop is a plus;
- Microsoft Office and 365 Office Aps
- Adobe Acrobat (creator and reader);
- Secure communications (e.g. encrypting emails, files and internet web sites).
What Can Make You Stand Out:
- Intermediate end user proficiency in Microsoft Office and Visio;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Must be detail-oriented with an excellent customer service orientation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to present ideas to customers in business-friendly and user-friendly language;
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within and outside of the company.