Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Desktop Support Technician
at A1 Placement
We are seeking a qualified IT Desktop Support Technician who will be directly accountable to the IT Manager of a Houston based tech company, and will hold operational responsibility as outlined below.
TASKS WILL VARY, BUT YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Act as point of contact for associates to report support requests, incidents, and other communications to the IT Department
- Manage day to day operations of server hardware including OS updates, server configuration changes, intranet updates, back-ups, antivirus, phone system, virtual workstations, and user access
- Maintain all IT documentation and keep current and secure
- Create and maintain documentation for non-technical users
- Ensure network and systems remain stable with maximum uptime
- Participate in the implementation new hardware and assist with development, documentation, and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure best practice in IT HIPPA compliance.
PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES WE WANT:
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent customer service skills, interact positively with others, and successfully manage time
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to learn new software and hardware
- Ability to handle a wide range of simultaneous initiatives
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with proper urgency to issues
Teamwork and Personal Development
- Consistently acknowledge and appreciate each team member’s contributions
- Motivate teammates to work together in the most efficient manner possible
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with teammates
- Identify opportunities for self-improvement and makes constructive suggestions for positive change for the organization
- Effectively manage the process of innovative change
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) desired.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the field of IT system industry or Healthcare
- Healthcare industry experience strongly preferred
- Professional experience with Nextgen desired
- Candidate must have a strong ability to troubleshoot complex computer systems, mitigate network security threats proactively, make “game-time” decisions while under pressure, and create engaging documentation of processes and procedure as they relate to Information Technology. The candidate must be available to be on-call unless scheduled otherwise; he or she must operate with a high degree of self-direction and self-accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite 2008 and above
- PC Desktop Support including familiarity and experience with desktop and server hardware
- Windows Desktop Software Support experience
- General Network Knowledge including the basics of TCP/IP and networks
- Knowledge of Sonicwall Firewalls a plusActive Directory knowledge
- Microsoft Server 2012 experience a plus
- Knowledge of VMWare VSphere and Vmware Horizon View a plus
- Knowledge of MS SQL any version a plus