Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Information Technology Manager
at A1 Placement
We are looking for an IT Manager that can provide hands-on management of a small team of technology professionals in Houston. Successful candidates must demonstrate leadership skills in a fast-paced environment while maintaining outstanding customer service. The Information Technology Manager is responsible for prioritizing trouble tickets and coordinating IT staff to work with employees to resolve issues. A successful candidate will have a solid technical background in a Microsoft based environment as well as networking, and serve as an escalation point for a variety of technical issues.
EDUCATION: Ability to read, write, speak, follow and give written and/or oral directions in English; High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ Years of IT management work experience
- 5+ Years of technical experience in a Windows based environment with 250+ users
- 5+ Years of technical experience with server and network administration and troubleshooting
- Valid Driver’s License
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Good overall knowledge of applicable IT laws, policies and regulations. Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating systems and server architectures.
JOB SUMMARY: The IT Manager will assist in all technical activities for. They will also support a variety of technical functions such as structured cabling, phone system changes, workstation troubleshooting and imaging, server deployments and upgrades, firewall and network switch administration, as well as application support. The role entails providing a high level of IT support services to internal and external customers as well as on site or remote work depending on business needs.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Employ, train, and supervise personnel
- Staff performance appraisals done on a timely and consistent basis.
- Administration and monitoring of all technical equipment and systems.
- Planning and implementation of maintenance and upgrades to equipment, operating systems, firewalls, anti-virus protection and other general systems and applications necessary to the efficient support of the business applications.
- Development and Maintenance of system documentation including network diagrams, inventory records, and operating procedures.
- Monitoring backup systems to assure that all systems and data are appropriately protected and that disaster recovery data and procedures will be available when needed.
- Responding to work tickets for system tasks in accordance with established SLA standards.
- Configuration and deployment of new servers, end user equipment, and networking equipment.
- Proactive maintenance of service pack and patch status on all servers and workstations.
- Supporting and enforcing security policies.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing and new applications by creating, maintaining and enforcing standards and procedures (including SOPs) for implementing technical solutions.
Applying technical expertise in the following areas to support client systems:
- Server operating systems, as well as features and roles.
- Workstation operating systems.
- Routing, switching, wireless, and firewalls.
- Office 365 * Manage all licensing. Microsoft as well as application licensing.
- Expertise in the following platforms desirable: Solarwinds MSP Manager & N-Central, Cisco, Meraki, Ruckus, Hyper-V, VMware, Datto, Sonicwall