24 Hour Fitness USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at 24 Hour Fitness USA
Job TitleFitness Manager
Location3201 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas 77006
At 24 Hour Fitness we are committed to our mission of helping people-team members and members alike-to become the best version of themselves. We've changed the landscape of the fitness industry and pioneered the concept that fitness can be accessible, affordable and a way of life for everyone. We're looking for committed and dedicated individuals to help grow our business, so that we can share the promise of 24 Hour Fitness with more people.
The Fitness Manager (FM) ensures that the club delivers a high quality fitness experience to all members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards and leading by example for delivering the 24 Hour Fitness Service Promise; manage a clean, friendly and well maintained club
- Ensure that team members consistently execute the basics in punctuality, dress code compliance, friendliness and cleanliness
- Hires, trains and develops a strong team of Personal Trainers
- Responsible for the successful attainment of department targets, including revenue and member retention
- Point of reference for fitness expertise within the Club
- Conduct weekly (or as-needed) meetings with direct reports to review performance and offer direction, motivation and guidance toward achieving individual and company goals
- Manage the Personal Trainer schedule
- Mediates club employee relations matters for all club fitness employees
- Ensure that all club members have access to a highly trained and professional fitness staff able to provide fitness counseling, training and programs within 24 Hour Fitness standards
- Ensure that all Personal Trainers are delivering high quality programs to their clients
- Ensure accurate administration of Personal Training including client files, measurement tracking, and workout programs
- Regularly train staff on industry updates and coaches personal trainers to be continually successful to ensure that all clients are trained professionally
- Direct selling, including achievement of personal monthly sales quotas
- Conduct personal training sessions as necessary
- 1-2 years as a Personal Trainer preferred
- Prior management experience in retail/hospitality industry leading 3-10 employees (preferred)
- Consultative sales experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of Personal Training technique and program design
- Must be able to adjust and operate all club equipment
- Experience in coaching/motivating groups
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Possesses a strong member service focus.
Certifications / Educational Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- At least one approved National Personal Training Certification (listed below):
- ACSM, ACE, Cooper Institute for Aerobics Research, C.H.E.K, IFPA, NASM, NCSF, NESTA, NETA, NFPT, NSCA, PTA Global, W.I.T.S
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Ability to work in club office; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, and the public.
- Regularly required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness activities, techniques and procedures. Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
- The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud
- Extended workdays are a frequent occurrence, as are weekends and holidays as needed to support the business
- Must be able to travel by car and airplane up to 10% of the time
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.