Job: Human Resources Director
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
The Human Resources Director maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources function by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations as well as human resources policies, programs, and practices. By seamlessly partnering with all levels of management the HR Director acts as a force of positive strategic change within the organization.
Texas First Bank is Galveston County's largest, locally owned independent community bank. Today Texas First Bank has 23 banking locations, an SBA department, a Mortgage department, and an insurance arm. The steady, conservative growth of Texas First Bank has led to recognition state and nation wide and made it the bank of choice for area residents. In 2010, 2011, and 2012 Texas First Bank was recognized as one of the Top 100 Workplaces in the Houston area by the Houston Chronicle! If you enjoy interacting with people from all walks of life while leading the strategically vital area of Human Resources, then please submit your resume.
Skills / Requirements
The Human Resource Director's duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counsels managers on candidate selection; conducts and analyzes exit interviews; recommends changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Conducts periodic pay surveys; schedules and conducts job evaluations; prepares pay budgets; monitors and schedules individual pay actions; recommends, plans, and implements pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; schedules management conferences with employees; hears and resolves employee grievances; counsels employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommends benefit programs to management; directs the processing of benefit claims; designs and conducts educational programs on benefit programs, and oversees open enrollment periods.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducts investigations; maintains records; represents the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updates, and recommends human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeps past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selects, orients, and trains employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; plans, monitors, and appraises job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 5 or more years' experience in a management position within a Human Resources setting is required.
- Prior experience within a financial services environment is highly preferred.
- A high school diploma is required. A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field is required. A Master's degree is preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification is preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.